The intention of the Intravenosa Film Festival is to be a space of exhibition for professional and university short films from the city of Cali and the world. It also serves as a meeting point between the new filmmakers and professional short filmmakers.
The X Intravenosa Film Festival will take place from September 4 to September 8 2018, in the city of Santiago de Cali, Colombia.
The call for the competitive categories of the festival will be open from February 20, 2018 and we will close the registration period at midnight of April 30 of the same year, Colombian local time (UTC-5).
Films sent to the following categories: National Official Selection, National Official University Selection, International Official Selection and International Official University Selection must have been completed after January 15, 2017.
The results of the call for the competitive categories will be announced on the festival’s official website www.intravenosa.com by May 31, 2018.
Each category, although different, has the main objective of highlighting the work of amateur directors and professional directors thus generating a dialogue between works, between the eyes of the different regions of the country and the world, contributing to the exhibition of audiovisual pieces that can hardly find a physical audience.
National Official University Selection: it’s the oldest section of the festival. It consists of different short films sent by film schools or universities with film related careers all over Colombia. Movies directed by Colombian citizens can also participate. The films should not last more than 30 minutes, the genre and the theme are freely chosen.
National Official Selection: it’s a category of national professional short films sent by young filmmakers who are emerging as exponents of the future of national cinema. Movies directed by Colombian citizens who are studying film or film related careers inside or outside Colombia can also participate. The films should not last more than 30 minutes, the genre and the theme are freely chosen.
International Official Selection: It consists of movies directed by citizens from any part of the world. The films should not last more than 30 minutes, the genre and the theme are freely chosen.
International Official University Selection: It consists of films directed by citizens of any part of the world who are studying cinema or similar careers. The films should not last more than 30 minutes, the genre and the theme are freely chosen.
*The selection committee may have some of the films sent to the Official Selection, to other categories or parallel non-competitive events.
*On the day of the results, the selection committee may declare any competing category as deserted.
bASeS oF ThE cALL
- You can only participate with one (1) short film as a director. In other roles you can participate several times.
- The festival assumes that the applicant has the authorization and rights of the audiovisual work, as well as the music and the image contained in it. (You must send an email firstname.lastname@example.org your digital signature, and a letter (ANNEX 1) that authorizes the exhibition of the film in the X Intravenosa Film Festival 2018).
- If the film sent is not spoken in Spanish, it must be presented with its embedded subtitles.
- The works should not last more than 30 minutes, gender and theme are freely chosen.
- Only jobs that have been completed after January 15, 2017 will be received.
- For the university typed categories, it is required for the films to have been produced within the academy.
- Fill in the registration form digitally in Festhome and send the films through the same platform. The shipping cost will be 1 USD.
- It is required to accept the rules of the X Intravenosa Film Festival 2018 when filling in the registration form.
*Priority will be given to works that have NOT been released in Colombia. However, if the film was already screened at other film events in the country, you can still apply.
In order to send the project, you must take into account the following technical specifications:
· File extensions: .MOV or .MP4.
· Video Codec: H.264.
· BitRate: between 12000 and 20000 Kbps (12 and 20 Mbps).
· Recommended format: HD Video 1920x1080 / 1280 x 720.
· Subtitles: Embedded in the video (if applicable).
· Audio codec: MPEG-4 AAC / Stereo 44.1 KHz / 128 Kbps
(Applicable to all categories)
The following documentation must be attached to the film file:
A. Photograph of the director.
B. Photograph of the producer.
C. Still photography – Film frame (2 max. For the catalog).
D. Photograph of the film’s poster.
E. Shooting photos (2 max. Only if they exist).
The following documentation must be sent to email@example.com when applying via Festhome:
A. Letter of authorization (ANNEX 1).
B. (Only for university selections) - Photocopy of the current student ID. If you are a graduate by the date, you can participate with a letter from your faculty specifying the dates of completion, which must attest to your link with the institution.
A jury composed of at least three (3) people will give the following prizes:
A. Garra de Oro to the Best International Film.
B. Garra de Oro to the Best National Film.
C. Garra Intravenosa to the Best National University Film.
D. Garra Intravenosa to the Best International University Film.
AbOuT ThE rEGUlAtioN
This regulation may have slight modifications in the course of the call.
PDF of the call